Features of Canon Copiers
Canon’s “Simply advanced” business machines include the following technologies (note that some of these features are only found on select machines):
- Cloud-based document scanning and printing
- The ability to print from and scan to a mobile device
- PC-based control of print, fax, PDF file conversion, and system status
- Web browsing from the MFC device control panel
- Data and privacy protection through multilayered security (including log-in authentication, encryption, and data tracking by administrators)
Get Free Price Quotes
Types of Canon Copiers
Canon makes dozens of different MFCs. Use the criteria below in order to narrow your search for the perfect business machine:
- Color/black & white: Color printing and copying provides more visually stunning documents, but the added operational costs of producing color documents is an unjustifiable expense for some organizations. Canon makes both color copiers and black & white copiers.
- Speed: As print speeds—measured in pages per minute (ppm)—increase, so too does the initial cost of a machine. Canon’s office MFCs have print speeds between 25 and 105 ppm. Speeds of 25 to 55 ppm are sufficient for most small businesses.
- Resolution: Dots-per-inch, or dpi, can refer to a machine’s print resolution as well as its scanner resolution. If you need to scan and/or print photos or other high-resolution images, consider buying a machine with higher scan resolution/print resolution.
- Finishing options: Examples of finishing options include page numbering, watermark, duplexing, stapling, 3-hole punching, saddle-stitching, and booklet-making. More expensive machines have more (and more sophisticated) finishing options.
- Duty cycle: To avoid MFC damage, it’s important to choose a model that’s compatible with your monthly print volume (pages, images, or outputs per month). Determine your needed duty cycle by adding 15 to 20 percent to current monthly outputs.
- Capacity: Larger organizations need higher paper capacity (the number of sheets a copier holds). Optional paper decks increase paper capacity.