Importance of a Clean Bar
The cleanliness of your bar affects more than just the impression it gives your customers, although that is also important, as people are likely to think all areas of the bar are as clean or dirty as the areas they see.
For one, if your bar has a kitchen, you need to worry about any cross contamination with the food. If surfaces are not properly wiped, floors aren’t cleaned, and hoods aren’t degreased, food can be contaminated with germs and bacteria. Unsanitary food preparation areas can also lead to losing points on health inspections, or even being shut down.
Benefits of Using a Cleaning Service
There are a multitude of benefits that come with hiring a commercial bar cleaning service, such as:
- Multiple services: Bar cleaning services generally offer a range of cleaning services to meet your needs. Bar cleaning, bathroom cleaning, deep cleaning, grease removal, and window washing are all offered by most professional bar cleaning companies. However, it is important to note that you and your staff should still perform some daily cleaning duties.
- Professional results: A cleaning service has all the necessary equipment to provide sanitary floors and surfaces, as well as properly cleaned furniture and windows. Professional services are staffed by experienced technicians, so you always know you’re getting quality work, while leaving yourself and your employees free to focus on the bar work.
- Safety: Utilizing a professional service ensures that all equipment and chemicals are handled properly by people that have been trained how to use them. This means that there is a much lower risk of injury or illness from cleaning products used.
Get Free Price Quotes
Factors that Influence Cost
Different cleaning companies use different criteria to set prices, such as the methods used to clean. Other cost influencing factors include:
- Bar size: The square footage of your bar is one of the biggest cost influences. In general, you can expect to pay more the larger the bar is.
- Frequency of cleaning: How often your bar or nightclub gets cleaned also affects your total cost. One-time cleanings are usually more expensive than a recurring service, which can be done nightly, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Products and supplies: Typically, bar and nightclub owners find it easier to let the cleaning company provide the necessary products and supplies. Many prefer to choose companies that offer eco-friendly products and methods, but remember that green products tend to cost more.
- Scope of work: The duties the cleaning crew performs directly impact your cost. Light cleaning comes at a lower cost than deep cleaning.
How Much Does a Commercial Bar Cleaning Service Cost?
The cost of commercial bar cleaning services depends on the scope of the work, size of the bar, materials used, and the company you hire. That being said, here is a general pricing guide to provide an idea of what you can expect to pay for a commercial bar cleaning service:
- On average, you can expect to pay between $25 and $50 per hour for a commercial bar cleaning service.
- Some companies offer a base price that averages between $0.10 and $0.40 per square foot, with an additional cost between $0.20 and $0.50 for complex or extra services.
- Light cleaning services, such as cleaning restrooms, dusting, and vacuuming, have an average cost between $0.10 and $0.30 per square foot, or between $20 and $40 per hour.
- Carpet cleaning has an average cost between $0.30 and $0.80 per square foot.
- Stripping and waxing tile floors has an average cost between $0.20 and $0.50 per square foot.
- A single visit each week has an average cost between $40 and $80.
- Two visits each week has an average cost between $100 and $150.
- Monthly packages from a commercial bar cleaning service have an average cost between $500 and $700.
Before You Choose a Cleaning Service
Price is an important factor when choosing a commercial cleaning service, but it is far from the only factor. When looking between companies, consider the following:
- Budget: While a commercial cleaning service leaves you and your employees free to focus on work-related tasks, you still need to consider how much you can afford to spend. Look over your profits and losses to see if you have the necessary funds to hire a cleaner. Prices for cleaners vary based on building size and cleaning needs, so don’t forget to think about that, as well.
- Frequency: Before you decide on a service, you need to know how often you need or want your bar to be cleaned. Each bar is different, so your needs are not necessarily going to be the same as another. Maybe you only need cleaning services once a month, or maybe you need them twice a week.
- Necessary services: You should also consider exactly what cleaning services you need at your bar. If your flooring is all hardwood or tile, you probably don’t want to go with a company that primarily specializes in carpet. Considering the cleaning services you really need also tells you what rooms are most important for the company to handle. This kind of goes hand in hand with budget considerations, as it is important to think about what you really need from a company.