Benefits of a Teletrac Navman GPS Fleet Tracking System
GPS fleet tracking systems from Teletrac Navman come with a host of benefits that make managing your fleet easy. Some of those benefits include:
- Compliance: GPS fleet tracking systems from Teletrac Navman ensure that your business is compliant with all of the latest rules and regulations, from fuel taxes to driver behavior. They also help to improve your fleet’s profile in different federal programs, such as CSA (Compliance, Safety, Accountability).
- Multiple hardware options: Teletrac Navman offers both simple plug-and-play hardware and more advanced devices that require connection to a vehicle’s information centers. This lets you consider which hardware options are best for your business and fleet. The company also offers installation, though you can install it yourself.
- Reporting features: The analysis and reporting features provided by Teletrac Navman allow you to more efficiently manage your fleet. These features give you the ability to customize alerts for specific incidents, monitor vehicle health, and schedule regular reports for diagnostics and performance.
- Safety features: In addition to alerts for specific incidents, tracking systems from Teletrac Navman monitor things such as braking intensity, harsh turning, and vehicle speed to help cut down on unsafe driving.
- Software: Teletrac Navman software is intuitive and simple to use. Updates come in every minute, and weather data is available in addition to traffic data, allowing you to better calculate arrival and job times.
Get Free Price Quotes
How Much do Teletrac Navman GPS Fleet Tracking Systems Cost?
Providing an exact cost for Teletrac Navman GPS fleet tracking systems is difficult, as prices largely depend on the size of your fleet and type of hardware you choose. It should be noted that the company requires a fleet with at least three vehicles, which is not a problem for most businesses, but may be an issue for smaller companies. They offer active GPS tracking systems on a cloud-based platform, which means there are also monthly service fees.
Teletrac Navman does not list their prices outright. What follows is a general pricing guide to give you an idea of what you can expect to pay for your Teletrac Navman GPS fleet tracking system.
- Hardware has an average cost of $200 and $250 per vehicle
- Monthly service fees have an average cost of $30 to $40 per month
- There may be a one-time activation fee, which costs between $30 and $100
- If you decide to terminate your contract, termination fees typically cost between $100 and $200
Teletrac Navman requires their customers sign a contract for their GPS tracking services, which comes in on the longer end of the spectrum at a three-year minimum.
There is more to any product or service than just the price. True, cost it is an important factor, but it should never be your only criteria for choosing a fleet tracking provider. Consider the options and features a company offers before making your final decision.
One thing that sets Teletrac Navman apart from other companies is that they offer free hardware installation. While most companies are willing to install their hardware for you, it usually comes at an additional cost. It is true that you can probably install most GPS tracking hardware yourself, but this gives you the added security of knowing it was done properly and comes at no additional cost.
The company also offers multiple levels of support, including email, live chat, and telephone support. Their flexible support options ensure that you can get in touch with service representatives however you need to, whenever you need to. Plus, their support staff even walks you through the software to help you utilize every aspect of it.
An important consideration for Teletrac Navman is the contract. Most GPS service companies require you to sign a contract, but most companies also only require one or two years. Teletrac Navman’s three-year contract is definitely longer than average and should be thought about before finalizing your purchase.