What Does Verizon Connect Offer?
Simply put, Verizon Connect offers a fleet management solution that is able to grow with your company. There are three different offerings, with the one that works best for you being dependent on the size of your business.
All three offerings have similar features, such as traffic and weather data with a 30-second refresh time, keeping you up to date on the most recent developments.
But different GPS fleet tracking system options aren’t what sets Verizon Connect apart from the rest; that would be their nearly unmatched scalability. Since Connect is made up from three different companies, it is easier to get the best possible plan for your fleet. And as your business grows, Connect grows with it, backed by a company that can support thousands of vehicles and has no vehicle minimum. This makes Connect ideal for small and growing companies.
In addition, Verizon provides each customer a dedicated customer service manager. That means you have a support representative there to help from the start of your business. And, this person develops an in-depth understanding of your fleet and unique needs.
Get Free Price Quotes
Benefits of a Verizon Fleet Tracking System
A GPS fleet tracking system should, ideally, bring nothing but benefits. Verizon Connect fits that bill and offers a host of features, such as:
- Alerts:Verizon Connect offers a wide array of alert options to ensure you stay on top of your fleet. The systems allow you to easily set real-time alerts for drivers entering or exiting a geofence, unwanted driver behavior, and vehicle health.
- Improved fuel efficiency: Monitor your fuel consumption and map out the best possible routes with a Verizon Connect GPS fleet tracking system. Analytics and data reports provide insight into fuel-wasting habits and how to correct them.
- Lower operating costs: In addition to saving on fuel costs, Verizon Connect helps to lower costs across the board. Fix issues before they become a serious problem with vehicle health updates, reduce overtime costs with shorter routes, and increase profits by maximizing the amount of work that can be completed in a shift.
- Safety: An important part of managing a fleet of vehicles is keeping customers, employees, and others on the road safe. Not only does Verizon Connect let you monitor driver habits and performance, it provides driver score cards and other safety data to make sure everyone and everything is operating as safely as possible. And if your drivers use multiple vehicles, you can track their performance via an employee ID.
How Much Do Verizon Connect GPS Fleet Tracking Systems Cost?
Providing an exact price for Verizon Connect GPS fleet tracking system is difficult, as the features you need, length of your contract, and the size of your fleet all impact the final cost. While Verizon Connect does not list their prices outright, here is a general pricing guide to provide an idea of what you can expect to pay for your Verizon Connect GPS fleet tracking system:
- Active and passive systems are similarly priced, with average costs between $200 and $700 for the equipment and installation
- Active systems typically come with an additional cost between $25 and $50 per month, per vehicle for tracking services
- There may be a one time activation fee, which generally costs between $30 and $100
- If you choose to cancel active tracking services, there may be an early termination fee, which costs between $100 and $200
Additional GPS Fleet Tracking Considerations
Price is important, but it is far from the only factor to consider when purchasing a GPS tracking system. A big advantage that comes with Verizon Connect is that you get a dedicated support contact in addition to email, live chat, and phone support. This means that, no matter how your business grows or your needs change, you have a single person that has accompanied your business on its journey and knows what works for you.
Verizon Connect also gives you the ability to monitor your fleet from anywhere via desktop, smartphone, or tablet. You never have to worry about missing alerts or important information with Verizon Connect. However, it is important to note that the company requires a three-year contract. This is longer than many other services, but not entirely out of the ordinary.