James Hardie Siding Products
James Hardie cement siding is available in the following styles:
- Lap Siding: HardiePlank lap siding is installed in horizontal, overlapping clapboards. The boards come in 12′ planks that are 5/16″ thick. Smooth, beaded, and cedar grain textures are available, as are numerous colors, including shades of blue, brown, green, and red.
- Vertical Siding: HardiePanel vertical siding is used to achieve a traditional board-and-batten look. 5/16″ planks are sold in widths of 4′ x 8′, 4′ x 9′, and 4′ x 10′. Choose from smooth, textured stucco, or wood grain siding, all of which are available in any of 20 different colors.
- Shingles: HardieShingle siding mimics the look of cedar shingles. Customization is possible through a variety of edge patterns, widths, and colors.
Get Free Price Quotes
Reasons to install James Hardie siding products include the following:
- Better Protection Than the Competition: Fiber cement is built to stand up to the elements with greater efficacy than its competitors. Unlike wood, it won’t rot due to precipitation and moisture, and because it’s five times thicker than vinyl, fiber cement won’t warp or suffer impact damage. James Hardie siding is also non-combustible and can withstand winds up to 150 MPH. Feel secure installing it in areas prone to hurricanes, tornadoes, and wildfires.
- Sustainable Building: James Hardie is dedicated to advancing sustainable construction. Not only are its fiber cement products made from all-natural materials like cement, sand, and wood fiber, but the company also strives to use local sources of raw materials as well as recycled materials. And because James Hardie siding is durable and long-lasting, it minimizes waste and the need to harvest new materials.
- Patented Technology: Two unique product systems offered by James Hardie are designed to ensure that your siding delivers peak performance and requires minimal upkeep. The HardieZone System allows homeowners to purchase 1 of 10 product lines that are uniquely manufactured to protect against humidity, extreme heat and cold, high winds, precipitation, and much more. Then there’s ColorPlus technology, which consists of factory painted boards that require repainting half as often as brush applied paint and come with a 15 year warranty against peeling, cracking, and chipping.
James Hardie Siding Costs
- According to James Hardie, its siding products cost more than vinyl, but less than brick and synthetic stucco. More specifically, you are likely to pay somewhere between $6.00 and $12.00 per square foot installed for James Hardie fiber cement. For a typical 2-story home, expect costs to total $13,000-$18,000.
- Hardie board is very heavy, making installation much more laborious and costly than it is with vinyl, wood, and other siding products. Be sure to choose an installer who has experience working with fiber cement. These individuals are less common than vinyl and wood experts, but it’s worth doing your homework to ensure proper installation.
Compare Free James Hardie Siding Price Quotes From Local Professionals
Receive complimentary Hardie board estimates from prescreened and licensed installers in your area. Compare James Hardie siding prices and pros to get the best deal on your project. Start saving time and money now with this fast, easy, and free service!